William IV rosewood sarcophagus-shaped sewing box on turned feet, with brass decorative inlays, name plate and escutcheon. The interior is fitted and lined in blue silk and the interior lid features a ruched panel, behind which lies a concealed letter compartment. A lift-out tray includes two needle books and covered storage boxes. The lower section is empty for storage of larger items. The box dates to c. 1840, and the brass name late at the top of the box is engraved ‘Martha’.